Following objectives have been devised to impart quality education to the students:
- To promote and maintain academic excellence by adopting academic programmes that ensure quality education.
- To use innovative techniques and professional skills for making the curriculum more relevant and interactive
- To develop profound level of critical and analytical thinking among students by exploring problems.
- To ensure holistic growth of the students by providing them equal opportunities to develop administrative and leadership qualities.
- To impart an educational philosophy to students which synthesizes a modern scientific approach with an appreciation of their culture, tradition and religion.
- To foster realization of social responsibility among students by encouraging them to join various clubs, societies and associations to instill them with secular zeal.
- To encourage high quality research among students and faculty leading to creation and dissemination of knowledge so as to cater to needs of society and industry.
- To produce sportspersons with global competence.
Paying back to the society through social services inculcates social commitment in our students. Our students contribute with perseverance and fervour in programmes like Blood Donation, Drug-De-Addiction, AIDS awareness, Tree Plantation, Adult Literacy, National Immunisation Drive, Organ Donation Awareness, Road Safety, Traffic Rules Awareness and Awareness of Police Station working. Our students interacted with the Blind students to acquaint with their problems and appreciate their efforts to be part of the mainstream. For enhancing Voter registration, a camp was organised in the College by NSS volunteers.
Teaching/ Learning and Evaluation
Students are provided appropriate counselling at the time of admission and selected on the basis of their past academic performance after an interview. Their knowledge, skills and attendance in class are regularly monitored and their parents are kept posted with their wards’ performance. A system of continuous assessment of students has been introduced. Students are encouraged to develop one or the other interest, hobby along with studies. Students’ participation in college activities is rewarded accordingly. The courses set by the university are covered intensively with the help of all available teaching aids in the College. The faculty use computers/ multimedia and audiovisual aids to make lectures interesting. A variety of teaching methods combining the traditional lecture with labortarory-based practicals , tutorials and seminar teaching, wherever required , are employed. Termwise teaching plans and unitised syllabi help the students/ teachers gauge their performance and progress. Subject related quizzes, contests, etc. are arranged to monitor students’ reading and for creating interest in and awareness of the subjects.
A Research Committee has been established in the College to promote research temperament and culture. Several major and minor projects sponsored by the UGC and other funding agencies have been undertaken by the faculty.