INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell was created in 2004 as one of the NAAC post-accreditation initiatives.
- It functions under the specific guidelines and is a facilitative and participative organ of the College with its permanent office in Room No 104.
- It serves as a driving force to usher quality through intervention strategies so as to remove deficiencies and enhance quality in all sections of the college.
- It is a composite structure comprised of representation of all the stakeholders (Management, Principal, Teachers, Non-teaching staff, Community representatives, External advisors, Student Alumni and Parents) which facilitates the college functioning and instrumental in quality assurance.
- It contributes in monitoring & maintenance of records by administrative offices, academic departments and various office bearers of different co-curricular & extra-curricular activities. It also ensures infrastructural upgradation & maintenance, and functioning of various facilities.
OBJECTIVES OF IQAC
Following Objectives as laid down by UGC have been adopted for IQAC of the College:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
STRATEGIES OF IQAC
IQAC evolves following mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial functions;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimizing and integrating modern methods to enhance quality of teaching and learning of both students and faculty.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- It continuously focuses on developing and applying quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the college;
- It facilitates the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- It arranges for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- It disseminates information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- It facilitates organization of inter and intra institutional workshops and seminars on quality related themes;
- It guides the office bearers of different activities and departmental heads in documentation of the various programmes/activities carried out by them for quality improvement;
- It serves as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- It guides the various sections of college in development and maintenance of institutional database for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- It helps in development of Quality Culture in the college;
- It prepares and submits Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- It prepares college for Assessment & Accreditation Process by NAAC Peer Team.
- It prepares and submits Self Study Report (SSR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
FOLLOWUP AND FUTURE ACTIONS:
- The AQAR is compiled under the guidance of SES and a procedure is being developed to put up the AQAR for approval before it’s submission with NAAC to introduce necessary quality enhancement measures.
- SWOC Analysis findings are worked upon for quality improvement.
- IQAC link on college website (www.sggscollegechandigarh.in) exhibits the AQARs and SSR submitted besides other functions performed by IQAC.
- Regular updating of SES about the introduction of new strategies and operations to enhance quality
- Annual Report of the college is required to be based on the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR).
BENEFITS OF IQAC
Establishment of IQAC has benefitted the college on various fronts:
- It has improved clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- It has helped in internalization of the quality culture;
- It has enhanced coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalizes all good practices;
- It is providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- It is serving as a dynamic system for quality changes required by the College.
- It has built-up an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
- It should have a permanent space with computational and Internet facility.
- It should be headed by a senior teacher with knowledge of working of college and various databases; and is to be designated as its Coordinator. Principal by default will be its chairperson.
- The term of Coordinator should be 4 – 5 years; rest should have term of two years.
- It should be constituted as per UGC guidelines and have representation of all the stake holders
- It should serve as a guiding-cum-governing-cum-implementing body of the college
- It should have representation in all committees (Advisory, Planning, Infrastructural, Research, Publication, Academics, Extra-curricular, Sports, etc.) and activities for quality assurance
- It should frame policies and action plans for the college and get it approved from SES.
- It should prepare Institutional Academic Calendar and Activity Calendar based on schedule submitted by the Departments and office bearers of various activities.
- It should prepare vision document of the college for next two/five/ten years based on discussions with different stakeholders
- It should guide all the sections of the college and procure annual report along with documentary evidences for incorporation in AQAR of the session.
- IQAC must oversee that AQAR serves as the basis for college Annual Report.
- AQAR should be submitted every year as per schedule
- After 4 years of last A & A the IQAC must prepare for next A & A and submit SSR to NAAC
- IQAC must hold meetings from time to time to carry out functions assigned to it.
- Composition of the IQAC should be changed according to requirement to enhance quality.
COMPOSITION OF IQAC (2015 – 16)
|S No||IQAC Designation||Member’s Name||Position in College|
|1||Chairperson||Prof. Kuldip Singh||Officiating Principal|
|2||Coordinator||Dr A P Singh||Associate Professor & Head, Zoology|
|3||Member from Management||Er Kulbir Singh||Vice President, SES, Sector 26, Chandigarh|
|4||Teacher Members||Dr Jyoti Lamba||Associate Professor & Head, English|
|Ms Manpreet Kaur||Associate Professor in Physics|
|Dr Ginny Kang||Associate Professor in English|
|Dr Seema Mahajan||Associate Professor in Commerce|
|Dr Parminder Walia||Associate Professor in Commerce|
|Dr Taranjit Kaur Rao||Assistant Professor in Commerce|
|Ms Ashima Mangla||Assistant Professor in Economics|
|Dr Seema Chopra||Assistant Professor in Commerce|
|5||Members from Administration||Er Zorawar Singh||Registrar (Infrastructure)|
|Mr Gurpreet Singh||Superintendent (Establishment & Accounts)|
|Mr Manjit Singh||Examinations & Affiliations|
|6||Member from Library||Dr Anita Chhatwal||Chief Librarian|
|7||External Experts||Dr Dalip Kumar||UGC Coordinator, HOD Biotechnology,Associate Professor, PG Govt. College for Girls, Sector 42, Chandigarh|
|Mr Naresh Kumar||Municipal Councilor, Sector 26, Chandigarh|
|8||Student Nominee||President, Student Central Association of College|
|9||Alumni Nominee(President SGGS College Alumni Association)||Mr H S Sidhu (PCS)||MD, Housefed, Punjab|
|10||Parent Nominee||Mr Pargat Singh||Project Officer, Department of Forests, Mohali (Pb)|