Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) (Hindi for “National Higher Education Mission”) is a holistic scheme of development for higher education in India initiated in 2013 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The centrally sponsored scheme aims at providing strategic funding to higher educational institutions throughout the country. Funding is provided by the central ministry through the state governments and union territories (UT), which in coordination with the central Project Appraisal Board will monitor the academic, administrative and financial advancements taken under the scheme. A total of 316 state public universities and 13,024 colleges will be covered under it.
The salient objectives of RUSA are to:
- Improve the overall quality of state institutions by ensuring conformity to prescribed norms and standards and adopt accreditation as a mandatory quality assurance framework.
- Usher transformative reforms in the state higher education system by creating a facilitating institutional structure for planning and monitoring at the state level, promoting autonomy in State Universities and improving governance in institutions.
- Ensure reforms in the affiliation, academic and examination systems.
- Ensure adequate availability of quality faculty in all higher educational institutions and ensure capacity building at all levels of employment.
- Create an enabling atmosphere in the higher educational institutions to devote themselves to research and innovations.
- Expand the institutional base by creating additional capacity in existing institutions and establishing new institutions, in order to achieve enrolment targets.
- Correct regional imbalances in access to higher education by setting up institutions in un‐served & underserved areas.
Improve equity in higher education by providing adequate opportunities of higher education to SC/STs and socially and educationally backward classes; promote inclusion of women, minorities, and differently abled persons.
Board of Governers:- Sikh Educational Society (Chandigarh)
Chairperson:- Kuldip Singh (Principal)
Co-ordinator:- Dr A. P. Singh (Associate Professor & Head, Zoology
Dr. Jyoti Lamba (Academics)
Dr. G.S. Gill (Civil Works)
Prof. Kulwinder Singh (Procurement)
Dr. Rimpi Kaur (Financials)
Dr. Seema Chopra(Equity Assurance)
IDP of the College:
The College developed Institutional Development Plan (IDP) for the period 2012-13 to 2016-17 based on the SWOT Analysis. The action Plan is focussed on improving employability of graduates, increased learning outcomes of the students, Interaction with Industry, Organisation of Freshers’ School & Finishing School, Strengthening of Academic programmes, Launch of New Courses, Holding of Trainings/Workshops, Arranging Talks on Choice based Credit System, Vocationalization of the curriculum. And holding of Remedial Classes for Slow learners, and UGC/CSIR NET Classes for PG Students.
Grant Received By College:
The college has received 1.5 Lacs of Grant and committed same amount from its own resources under preparatory grant The College has following plan to use the Grant:
- Organisation of Workshops (5)
- Talks on CBCS & Vocationalization
- Remedial Classes for Slow Learners
- NET Classes for PG Students