The SGGS College Boys Hostel is located within the college campus adjoining Science block in front of the college Gurudwara . Late Jathedar S. Gurcharan Singh Tohra, the then President SGPC laid the foundation Stone of this hostel on 16th November,1990. It becomes fully functional in 1992. S. Ajit Singh Sardhadi, Capt. Manjit Singh and PSEB Finance and investment ltd. were its founder donors.
Hostel’s building has three storied structure and complies to standards laid down by Panjab university. It is comprised of a reading-cum-recreation room, spacious dining hall, modern kitchen ,visitor-cum-warden room, besides 75 rooms for the boarders. Two seater and three seater rooms are allotted to students purely on the basis of merit.
The hostel functions under the overall supervision of Principal S. S. Dhillon. It is ably looked after by a Warden, Dr Gurcharan Singh Gill, Resident Deputy Warden, and attendants.
- Each boarder is issued one study table, one chair and one bed (without bedding).
- One cupboard with shelves is available for each boarder in the room.
- All rooms are provided with ceiling fans and electrical fittings .However ,students have procure CFL and tube light from the market.
- Geysers are installed in the washroom to provide hot water during winters.
- A Watercoller equipped with aquaguard water purifiers, has been installed at the entrance of the mess for proving cool and pure drinking water.
- There are adequate arrangements for maintain a 24hrs. Water supply.
- A LCD T.V. has been installed in the common room for recreation of the hostlers.
- A reading hall for students to study during night hours.
- Leading Newspaper/Magazines are subscribed for boarder. These are kept in recreational hall.
- Facilities for some indoor(like carom board ,chess) and outdoor games are provided to residents.
- There is a spacious mess with sitting capacity of over 100 students. Every attempt is made to ensure provision of wholesome and nutritious vegetarian food at the reasonable rates. Every year a mess committee is constituted to prepare menu and to take care of food standards and cleanliness in and around mess. Furthermore, principal and warden make surprise checks of the mess to ensure cleanliness ,food standards and also to inculcate table manners in the boarders.
- Incoming mails are delivered to boarders in their respective rooms. Facilities of postbox and courier is provided on demand only.
- Hostlers can avail banking facilities at the SBI Branch , located in the college campus ,Near SES Office.
- Concessional boarding facility is provided to the selected sportsmen.
- Proper Medicare is provided to hostlers to ensure their physical health. Visiting Doctors of Health centre of the college , also attends to the hostlers. Emergencies are referred to PGI/General hospital or a qualified medical Specialist. Parents are timely informed of boarder’s illness /injuries.